Sourdough Chocolate Chip Muffins
I recently jumped on the sourdough train! I have eating sourdough literally every morning for a year, so what better time then now to learn how to bake it! I think it will save me some money! hah.
But since you can only make so much bread without it becoming a scene off hoarder.. I mean you can only give away so much. So I have ventured into making other things….like these muffins.
I found the recipe on Pinterest. Its off of the website Cooking With Carlee. Its a great recipe, but I didn’t have the two different kinds of flour, SOO I decided to make it my own. The recipe is slightly different and since coconut flour is a different type of flour, you don’t need a lot of it. Its usually around 1/4 cup per 1 cup regular flour. Coconut flour can make things bit more dense than regular flour. But these turned out pretty good! They aren’t as big as if you were to use regular flour, but regardless these were great and definitely worth it to make! So give it a try!
Let me know if you try the recipe out!
Heres my version:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (you can omit this and sub in milk if you don’t have yogurt on hand)- I used vanilla greek yogurt.
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (coconut oil or EVOO)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Stir together oats, milk, vanilla and yogurt right away and let sit while you gather up the rest of the ingredients and get ready. You want the oats to have a chance to soften up a bit.
2.Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
3.Stir sourdough starter and sugar into oats.
4.In a small bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Stir oil and egg into oat mixture.
6. Then stir in dry ingredients until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from muffin tin and cool on wire rack.